**PLEASE NOTE THIS CLASS IS TAUGHT BY NICHERVAN FAZEL**
Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based course where students gain a strong understanding of Professional Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams. Students leave the PSM course feeling both challenged and excited by the opportunity that Professional Scrum will provide them and their teams.
Become a Professional Scrum Master!
A highly interactive Professional Scrum Master course inspecting the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
The course will cover all the team roles, events and artifacts, so that you can be an effective Scrum Master or member of a Scrum team.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other students together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Included within your course :-
- 2 days of high-quality instruction from a Scrum.org Trainer and Agile expert with over 20 years’ training and consulting experience
- Course materials handbook (PDF)
- Access to electronic copies of other reference documentation
- Recognition by the Scrum.org as a Professional Scrum Master after passing the exam
- Password to take the PSM I assessment and 2nd Attempt is included if taken within 14 days of the course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in product development using the Scrum Framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
- Scrum Values
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- Scrum Master Accountability
- Product Owner Accountability
- Developer Accountability
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
Scrum Artifacts and Commitments
- Product Backlog and the Product Goal
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog and the Sprint Goal
- Story points
- Burndown charts
Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and the underlying values and principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway
What will you learn during the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) training?
We learn the theory of Scrum. To create an in-depth understanding of the framework, we talk about the different roles within a Scrum team and your role as Professional Scrum Master.
What does it mean to be a Professional Scrum Master and as a servant leader, how do you serve the Scrum team and the Organisation? After the training you are able to understand Scrum principles and practices, set up a Scrum Team and deal with complex Scrum issues in order so that you can:
- Be an effective member of a Scrum Team
- Work effectively as the Professional Scrum Master for the Scrum Team
- Deliver value for your customers and organisation
- Explain the benefits of the Scrum framework to key stakeholders
- Use the Scrum Artefacts of Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Increment to create transparency
- Understand how and when to facilitate effective Scrum events
- Understand how to employ Scrum in real world circumstances such as remote Scrum teams with people in different locations, fixed price contracts and third-party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum.
PSM I Certification
The PSM I exam (plus one retake) and Scrum.org certificate is included in the training. The exam is taken online. Please note, only if you take the exam within 14 days of completing the course will you receive a free second chance. After passing the PSM I exam, you will:
- Receive a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master certificate.
- Become a lifelong member of the Scrum.org community.
- Be included in the global Professional Scrum Master database.
- Receive a 40% discount on the PSM II exam.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions or wish to arrange a private class?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE TRAINER:
Nichervan is a highly experienced Agile trainer and practitioner with over a decade of experience helping organisations with Agile transformations and product development. Nichervan is a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainer, a Certified Enterprise Coach with Scrum Alliance and a SAF 5.1 program consultant with Scaled Agile Framework
Nichervan has been involved and led in some of Europe’s biggest agile transformations in Finance, Media and Energy sectors.
Nichervan has proven experience and the knowledge in developing organisational capacity to use Agile as a strategic business asset, including culture changes and leadership development.
Nichervan is certified to deliver training by Scrum.org, Scrum Alliance AND Scaled Agile Frame Work (SAFe)