**********This course is provided and taught by Jose Casal & Jean-Paul Bayley of ACTINEO**********
PLEASE NOTE: If you book the '3for2' ticket type, your purchase will be pending confirmation from Actineo regarding availability.
VAT is added at checkout.
This class is structured as follows:
Session 1: Live Virtual Monday 19th of September 2022 14:00-17:00 UK Time
Session 2: In-Person Monday 26th of September 2022 09:30-17:30 UK Time (Bristol, UK)
Session 3: Live Virtual Monday 03rd of October 2022 14:00-17:00 UK Time
What Are the Benefits of Applying Professional Kanban?
Kanban is fast becoming the modern way to manage an organisation’s delivery of customer value. In today’s always-on environment, you need a clear set of practices that do not get in the way. Applying Professional Kanban will:
- Generate a shared understanding of your work
- Give you focus
- Save you time
- Answer the question, “How long will this take?”
The Applying Professional Kanban (APK) course will give you an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles.
During the class, you will learn the basic principles of flow and how to use them to make your team process more efficient, predictable, and effective. With an emphasis on the practical application of concepts, this course includes many hands-on exercises that will lead you through the steps of setting up and operating a Kanban system for continuous value delivery and improvement.
Learning Outcomes of Applying Professional Kanban (APK)
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of flow.
- Describe the value of Limiting WiP.
- Create a visual board to manage your work.
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities.
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system.
- Discuss how tooling impacts your implementation.
- Kanban in your workplace
- Dispelling Kanban Myths
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 1
- Exploring Kanban
- Visualisation Elements and Techniques
- Elements of Workflow
- Core Flow Metrics
- Cycletime Scatterplots and Service Level Expectation
- Little's Law and Flow Metrics
- Actively Managing Flow
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 2
- The Implications of Kanban and Flow Thinking
- Designing a Kanban Board
- Work Item Design
- Operating a Kanban System
- Applying Professional Kanban
All participants completing the Applying Professional Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Kanban I (PK I) assessment . The industry-recognized PK I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. If you attempt the PK I assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
The Applying Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more effective. Typical attendee roles include:
- Business Analysts
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leads
- Team Members
Participants on this class need to have read the Kanban Guide. No working knowledge of Kanban is required.
- Duration: 3 sessions (2 live virtual & 1 in person) 15 hrs in total
- Certification: PK I by ProKanban.org (after passing the exam)
- Frequency: 6 public courses a year
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Languages: English or Spanish
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- Contact: email@example.com
- Token to take PK I Assessment
- 14 PDUs for Project Management Institute and 14 SEUs for Scrum Alliance
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Invites to exclusive Actineo Events
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
For our cancellation policy, click here.
About the trainers
Jose Casal is a business agility consultant & trainer with extensive experience. He is dedicated to helping organisations and individuals embrace modern management concepts including Flow Thinking, Kanban, Flight Levels & Scrum. Strongly motivated towards continuous learning and research, he is able to help organisations achieve better Agility. His goal is to create thriving and engaged organisations.
Jose's experience covers the full breadth of Agile approaches. He is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), Flight Levels Guide (FLG), Professional Kanban Trainer (PKT), Enterprise Kanban Coach (EKC) & Certified Trainer for Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR-CT). He is a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF). He co-founded Actineo Consulting LLP in 2015.
Jean-Paul is a Partner with Actineo Consulting LLP. He is a business agility coach and trainer who is passionate about helping teams do their best work. He does this through training courses, workshops, and coaching. He has a strong technical background having worked for many years as a software engineer.
JP is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), a Flight Levels Guide (FLG) and a Certified Trainer for Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR-CT). In 2017, with José Casal, and Andy De Vale, he co-created a self-coaching tool for teams called "The Kanban Guide". He has delivered talks at conferences in USA, UK, Ireland, and Germany.